...



Obviously, I don’t write here enough.  I really should do that more often.  Alas, I’m writing something today because I just learned of something that makes me a little crazy.  Why the hell are they remaking Brian De Palma’s CLASSIC Carrie?  I mean, of all the films the dig your claws into, why that one?  It is perfect the way that it is!  I understand that Hollywood has run out of new ideas and so remakes and sequels that are practically remakes flood nearly everything, but why mess with perfection.  Next thing you know they are going to remake The Godfather; seriously.  What gets me even more roweled up is the fact that they are casting Chloe Moretz in the lead role.  FUCKING SERIOUS?!?!?!  I don’t understand the world’s fascination with this pretentious little brat.  She really isn’t that wonderful an actress, and when you consider that crop of young talent that outshines her I’m just bewildered at the attention she gets. 


Elle Fanning should be in everything.



Sissy Spacek’s performance in the 1976 original is a iconic.  I mean, she was nominated for an Oscar.  She delivered such a layered and towering performance that still holds up.  In fact, I watched the original a few months ago and she gave me chills; and that was not the first time (nor the second, third or sixth) that I had seen the film.  Chloe Moretz is no Sissy Spacek.



But, the silver lining is that the director of this unnecessary remake is Kimberly Peirce, and while her last film (Stop-Loss) was a disaster, her debut film (Boys Don’t Cry) is a masterpiece.  I want to see her rebound from her sophomore film with something great.  I do find it odd that she hasn’t made more films.  I mean, she broke out in such a fascinating way back in 1999, but since then she’s only made ONE OTHER FILM.  It’s been 13 years.  She works less frequently than Terrence Malick, and it’s not like her films are as emotionally complex than his works (although I’m almost tempted to say that Boys Don’t Cry is better than anything he’s ever made, but I’m far from Malick’s biggest fan).  She stated in an interview that she wants to make personal films and that she’s had a lot of offers that she’s turned down because they were Hollywood.  I’m sorry, but remaking a horror film from the 70’s just doesn’t sound like it meshes with the direction she was wanting to take with her career.  On top of that, there are hundreds of small independent films made every year that are gritty and raw and realistic and fit her wheelhouse and yet, she’s made none of them.

What is wrong with you!?!?!?!?!?!

And I don’t know if I can express just how much I absolutely love Boys Don’t Cry either, so like I’m Peirce’s biggest supporter despite the fact that I found NOTHING noteworthy about that atrocious Stop-Loss film she made.  I mean, wait till I get to 1999 in my Fisti Awards (at this rate, it’ll be ten years before that happens)…Boys Don’t Cry cleans the fuck up!



Ok…end rant.
thumbnail
Title: ...
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.

Artikel Terkait Carrie, Fanning, Moretz, Peirce, Remake :

 
Copyright © 2015. About - Sitemap - Contact - Privacy
Template Best Actress - Models And Beautiful Girls Pictures Best Actress - Models And Beautiful Girls Pictures Publisher Free Template