God Bless, Bitches…


I’ve been relishing over the trailer for ‘Melancholia’ for the past few days, completely obsessed with every frame of it.  The more I think about it the more my hopes and dreams start to overtake me.  I’m becoming obsessed, and not the kind of obsessed that ‘makes sense’ in my cinematic loving brain.  I’m starting to remind myself of those freaks I made fun of last year for slitting their wrists over Natalie Portman’s demon ballerina.  Seriously, I need help; and yet, I don’t want it.  The idea of Kirsten Dunst getting an Oscar nomination makes me want to scream at the top of my lungs “Hallelujah” and I mean that!  It’s about freaking time.  Forget Natalie Portman, who’s deserved an Oscar like NEVER…Kirsten Dunst is a superlative actress who delivers film after film and yet is so disgustingly underappreciated in this industry.  Why hasn’t she been handed an Oscar nomination yet?  No offense to Miss Portman, who can be very good at what she does, but you can color me bitter.  But then, I think to myself, maybe ‘Melancholia’ will be for Von Trier what ‘Black Swan’ was for Aronofsky.  I mean, this is said to be Von Trier’s most accessible film, and he is a respected GENIUS auteur who is bound for Oscar attention someday, or is he?  His films are so abrasive and so controversial, and he obviously could care less about the Oscars (he doesn’t even try, which is what I love so much about him) and yet, can anyone really say that Darren Aronofsky tried?  I mean, it’s not like a film about a psychotic lesbian ballerina screams Oscar and yet, it racked up those nominations and won a top prize for its lead star.  From the look of the trailer, it is heavy in the Von Trier signature styling and yet it seems very polished and glossy, almost too pretty for a Von Trier vehicle; which gives me an ounce of false hope.  I really want nothing more than for this film to be epic, considering the fact that ‘Antichrist’ was not, but I’d also love to see Dunst and Von Trier in the Oscar race.  Being realistic, I should keep my hopes solely in Dunst, but then again…you never know.

THIS
LOOKS
AMAZING

If you haven’t seen it, watch it here!
thumbnail
Title: God Bless, Bitches…
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.

Artikel Terkait Actress, Dunst, Predictions, Von Trier :

 
Copyright © 2015. About - Sitemap - Contact - Privacy
Template Best Actress - Models And Beautiful Girls Pictures Best Actress - Models And Beautiful Girls Pictures Publisher Free Template